Saturday, August 30, 2008

Looking for the Perfect Match.


So you are really comfortable with a favorite mic. But you get the chance to try the Ultimate Mic. You feel fortunate and everyone else is envious. Boy, it does sound great.
But what a minute...it just doesn't "feel" as good as your old favorite. You know what I'm talking about. There are parts of the sound that just is not "you."
So what do you do? You call a trusted source that has experience with what you are looking for. Maybe there is a way to make "old faithful" truley the best mic.
Thus, our story:

Hey Willie,
I have decided to sell the U87. I'm putting it on Ebay. I'm also selling the Manley Voxbox as well. I'm getting a preamp to try that was recommended by Adam at Mercenary. It's the GML 2032. Adam said it would be a great match for the AK47.
I don't care for the way the U87 sounds on my voice. It has somewhat of a honky sound.
He first suggested that I try the InnerTUBE retrofit for it, but I was thinking that I really like the AK47 and maybe should just try to get the best possible sound out of it instead of turning the U87 into a $4500 mic.

(3 days
later)

I got the GML 2032 yesterday and here's a file to post if you'd like. Any comments would be appreciated.
Take care,
John
Weeks
johnweeksaudio@gmail.com
www.johnweeksaudio.com

Hear the Side-By-Side Test Here!!

No comments: