Friday, August 14, 2009

Heil PR22 Tough Test

Did I tell you the story about the "rattle" that developed in my Heil PR-22. I mentioned the problem to Bob Heil in conversation and he quiped, "That mic is not supposed to have that kind of problem, we designed it to be trouble free--send it to us now!" I did...and in typical Heilsound style, it came back in quick turn-a-round good as new.
The supreme test I thought I would share with you is this video of a Cable TV bit we did under extreme circumstances.
Make sure you watch (and listen) until the end. Yes, I have used it since and it sounds even better.

1 comment:

news.mirror said...

I've been interested in getting a Heil PR-40 for studio/boom mic work but I certainly think that the 22 would work excellent for field work. Thanks for the sample.