Monday, June 2, 2008

I Found a Thrill on Blue Bluebird Hill.....

And another for you my friends! :)

Just picked up the BLUE BLuebird over the weekend. They are now going for only $300 and come with a shock mount and pop filter. From what I understand, sonically, the Bluebird is identical to the Red Type B with an R8 capsule.
All the best,
Josh

Wow! No—I mean WOW! This mic sounds good, Josh. I heard just a tinge of high-end sibilance, but the rest more than makes up for it. What a bargain. Awesome .. again, Thanks.

Willie
Hear Josh Mahler's Test Here.

Thanks Willie.
I really like it too. I sent John Weeks a sample today
and he ordered one an hour after getting my email. LOL
I think the Bluebird use to go for around $500ish. I will say this,
the frequency response graph in the manual is different than the graph
now on the BLUE website. The current graph looks identical to the Red/
Blue R8/B8 capsule.

The older Bluebirds were labeled as having a cardioid pattern, but
were really closer to being hyper-cardioid. The newer ones seem to be
a true cardioid mic rather than hyper.
With that said, I'm almost tempted to find a used one from a couple
years ago just to hear the differences.

Josh

(UPDATE:)
Hey Willie,
I called BLUE yesterday just to confirm the Bluebird USA/China manufacturing. According to the woman that answered the phone at BLUE, they stopped US manufacturing of the Bluebird about a year ago. I think most of their mics are still made in the US, but my assumption is that the lower end ones, the Bluebird for sure, are now made in China. After manufacturing, she told me that they are inspected at the US BLUE factory. Actually, each Bluebird comes with a dated quality control certificate that certifies that the frequency response, noise specification and fit/finish are up to snuff.
Best,
Josh

No comments: