Friday, June 6, 2008

das Brauner.........

I responded to a thread on a popular forum about new gear announcements. This particular topic was the introduction of a couple of new Brauner mics.
I asked if any of the Brauner’s are specifically designed or are more effective for the spoken word?


Well you can definitely use all of them for the spoken word. But we often get the feedback, especially from radio/broadcast stations, that they prefer the Phantom for spoken word…Mainly because of its very high level of speech comprehensibility. Also the Valvet is very often used at Broadcast stations for that type of application.Let me know if there are further questions.

Cheers
Kai
__________________

SEA Vertrieb & Consulting GmbH
Auf dem Diek 648488 EmsbürenGermany
Tel.: +49 5903 9388-16
Fax: +49 5903 9388-55
http://www.sea-distribution.com
http://www.theartofmicrophones.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've yet to find a Brauner that didn't work well on voice, more specifically, the spoken word.

Of them all the VM-1 KHE is one of the best microphones I've ever used. I know of several people who own one or two, and since they only made 100 of them, they're nearly impossible to get.

One person has mused about selling their's, for 18K, and while that's nearly double the cost, I immediately agreed to the offer if they were willing. Even at that price, they had no desire to sell it, but I know that if they ever do, I'll be the first they call.

Beautiful mics through the Brauner line, but at the price point, it's not so much that one is better than another, so much as it is what works best for your individual tastes.