Thursday, March 12, 2009

We're Back. Thanks for your calls.


Isn't that just like it? You go out of town; get a little flu bug; and all heck breaks loose. An account conflict knocked the VO Mic Tests page off Dotster for a while. It's back!
Thanks to everyone that called and left messages and emailed me.

To update...(and not to make excuses 'cause there are none) My partners and I have taken over the Cable Leased-Access Channels we were working with and are getting lots of inquiries to expand to other markets. Be on the look-out for cheap and cheezy local-access programming coming to a small town near you.
Plus, my audio production services are back in demand (I must be too cheap) and we have contracts to produce radio ads for several new clients.

Enough about me! Let talk about what's really important--THE MICS!
No matter how busy we get, there will be time to update news and information about finding the right sound or the right deal on the right sound.

What's Coming:

I got a letter from Bob Heil of Heilsound Microphones yesterday. Look for info on Heil Service and some news on possible new discoveries and products that may blow some minds.

Micheal Joly of Oktavamod is spilling his brains about how to improve very obtainable mics to super-studio quality (remember my killer SP-1). He is even giving out FREE tips on how to do it yourself.

Our buddy Roy at MXL has gone crazy with new product. I mean MXL is SERIOUS. I think they now have too many choices. About the time we narrow in on a particular group that sounds great for voiceover, they come out with another group that specs out even better. MXL has up'ped the boogie factor in quality control.

And that promised letter from KEL mics about breakthrough new mics.

Plus, your letters, comments and tests. You guys are the real cutting edge on finding true quality at the best deals. KEEP SENDING IT...WE'RE LISTENING.

Now....Get your butt back to work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An excerpt from this blog showed up in my email since I have Google monitor for mention of leased access. I'm a user with affiiiate sites focused on that 'cheap and cheezy' local content bit boy TV won't fool with and I'm also prez of the national leased access programmers assn. Now that you too are a LAPer, what about joining us others and helping make 'cheap and cheezy' not so cheezy? Cheap ain't so bad when you're providing ads for local small town businesses.
Charlie Stogner, charlie@stogtv.com

vomictest said...

Mr. Stogner is a pioneer and national spokesman for Local Access
Programmers Association (www.leasedaccess.org). He goes head-to-head with the biggest forces in government and big business to stand up for the rights of us little guys.
As far as my "cheezy" comment--most of you know we have done work for major Cable Networks like ESPN, SPEED, HGTV, OUTDOORS, SPORTSMAN and many more. We can't afford cheezy. Cheap--maybe.